20080916

7th Grade

I'm not a big fan of overly reminiscing about the past. I have a couple of friends (well...one now) who loves to talk about our younger years as if they are the pinnacle of our success and happiness. I'd like to think that I haven't reached my zenith yet- that I didn't peak at 13 years old. Simone says that when I was younger, everything I wanted to be, I am now while everything she wanted to be happened when we were in high school. That made me sad. I feel like there is so much to look forward to, so many places to go, people to meet, restaurants to try and cocktails to drink. I feel like I am just getting started. I have to admit though, 7th grade was pretty dope. I was class president ( I swept the vote by promising no homework on Fridays and a "Mr. and Miss 7th and 8th Grade" pageant), a member of a pretty tame cheerleading team (we wore sweatpants!!!!) and auditioned for both the Mickey Mouse Club and Nickelodeon.

The MMC doesn't know what it lost but Nick liked my style. They came to a mall in Atlanta and after 4 hours of screen tests, physical challenges and NKOTB trivia, I was christened the winner by having gallons of slime dumped on my head in font of hundreds of onlookers. It was the best day of my life. As a result, my family and I were flown to Universal Studios is Orlando where I appeared on "Get The Picture". Mike O'Malley from "Yes Dear" was the host and I found him dreamy and hilarious. He in turn seemed to enjoy my Arsenio Hall impression. See below:



Thanks to Christine for posting this on YouTube. I was mortified at first but now I can watch it and laugh. I had so much fun that day. I was so eager, excited and animated. And nerdy...let's not forget nerdy. It's one of my best memories but I have a whole lifetime ahead of me and hopefully it will be filled with more moments like this.

1 comments:

GentleOrietal said...

CLASSIC Video